November 7, 7:30pm
November 8, 2:00pm
November 8, 7:30pm
November 9, 2:00pm (Veterans and active military free*)
November 14, 7:30pm (Cappies Reviewed Performance)
November 15, 2:00pm
November 15, 7:30pm (ASL Interpreted Performance)
*Free veteran and active military tickets can be obtained at the door only.
Thanks to all who auditioned! Principals will be getting librettos this summer. All cast members will be receiving an email with details about the show within the next two weeks.
Bob Wallace – Will Everett (US: Jacob Nelson)
Phil Davis – Bryce Menard (US Paul Hardin)
Betty Haynes – Anna Phillips-Brown (US: Connie Kessler)
Judy Haynes – Lexie McEntire (US: Merritt Palmer)
General Henry Waverly – Blake Phillips (US: Ewen Crunkhorn)
Martha Watson – Laura Baker (US: Madi Sarlo)
Susan Waverly – Miryam Mendelson (US: Caroline Orejuela)
Ralph Sheldrake – Jacob Nelson (US: Paul Hardin)
Rita – Lara Taylor
Rhoda – Claudia Caceres
Ezekiel Foster – Trent Crocker
Mike – Chester Kowalski
Tessie – Kerry Miller
Jimmy – Dawson Taylor
Cigarette Girl – Mary Ann Callahan
Snoring Man (solos in show) – Drew Bondy
Mrs. Snoring Man (solos in show) – Rachel Turner
Train Conductor – Ewen Crunkhorn
Dance Captain – Anna O’Hara
Seamstress – Samantha Terry
Assistant Seamstress – Madi Sarlo
Ed Sullivan Announcer – Trent Crocker
Regency Room Announcer (offstage) – TBD
Sheldrake’s Secretary (offstage) – Hope Carey
Featured Dances (in all production numbers):
Singers in “The Best Things Happen When You’re Dancing”:
You’ll need your music this summer! I’ll be in touch!
Ballroom dancers in “The Best Things Happen When You’re Dancing:
Chorus Kids (several scenes and production numbers):
Mary Ann Callahan
Tappers in “I Love a Piano”:
‘Jimmy’s Back Room’ Clubgoers, Patrons of the Regency Room, Guests at the show at the Inn:
Train Passengers/Inn Guests: TBD
- When and Where:
- June 16 – Vocal Auditi
on by Appointment beginning at 12:30 in the Chorus Room– Sign up sheet will be on the Call board outside Black Box. Rising Freshmen ONLY, sign up for a slot by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 18 – Cold Readings – 12:30 PM in the Auditorium (Rising freshmen may come at 3)
- June 19 – Dance Auditions – 12:30 PM in the Auditorium (Rising freshmen may come at 3)
- June 20 – Callbacks – 12:30 in the Auditorium (Rising freshmen may come at 3)
- You must be available all days
- If you will not be in school those days, we can arrange an audition on June 23, but it will not be in your best interest! If this is the case, you must email Mrs. Hobson NO LATER THAN MONDAY, JUNE 9 at email@example.com .
- June 16 – Vocal Auditi
- Auditions are open to ALL students who will be Woodson students this fall!
- We will be casting an ensemble of singers, singers/dancers. You must audition for all three elements.
- Prepare the song listed on the website, www.wtwdrama.org . The sheet music and recorded music will be available there beginning Friday, June 6.
- You do not need to prepare a monologue – we will be having cold readings for the acting audition.
- Wear comfortable clothes for the dance audition. There will be a dance ensemble which requires tap, jazz, and ballet. Other ensemble roles will require jazz only. Bring shoes you have for any specialty dance.
There will be many opportunities for you to also work tech for the show – more info in the fall!
Download the Original Cast Recording (link opens iTunes)